Build goodwill, your brand, and business prospects with custom promotional gifts and products
Promo products from KKP — usually imprinted or otherwise customized with a company’s logo, name or message — include decorative or practical items from pens and calendars to drinking cups, flash drives, golf shirts and more. Most are distributed free of charge for advertising purposes. The term also encompasses branded corporate gifts used to reward loyal customers and suppliers, generous donors or long-time employees.
Whether handed out at trade shows or other special events, stuffed in envelopes to create intriguing lumpy mailers or awarded as contest prizes, people like promotional products! They look favorably on the company, organization or nonprofit that presented them.
Marketers appreciate them, too. Ad specialties, logoed apparel and the like are valued in their ability to extend a brand or carry a message to well-defined audiences. Because well-chosen products and apparel are practical and attractive, they’re often retained, enjoyed and even regifted to others! The logo or imprinted message makes an impression multiple times — without any added expense to the advertiser.
Among their many advantages, promotional items, logoed apparel and the like from KKP:
- Create a good impression: A Promotional Products Association International (PPAI) 2017 Consumer Study noted that 83% of gift recipients are more likely to do business with company from which the product was received.
- Improve brand recall: Per the PPAI Study, 90% of people remembered the name and logo of the promo item they received.
- Sustain brand exposure: 81% of recipients kept their ad specialty for more than one year, according to the PPAI Study. Of them, 22% retained it 6-10 years, and 18% for 11 years or more!
- Induce consumer action: Among broadcast, online, print and mobile alternatives, consumers across all generations ranked promo products as the most effective form of advertising to prompt action, per the PPAI Study.
- Extend branding to new audiences: According to a 2016 study by the Advertising Specialty Institute, 64% of gift recipients in Canada give away their logoed items when finished with them, thereby broadening the exposure of a brand name.
Affordability is another plus to ad specialties and branded apparel. There are thousands of items from which to choose and customize. This assures you there’s one to meet your promotional needs and adhere to your marketing budget — no matter how large or modest.
The promotional product pros at KKP can show you options from a selection including:
- Apparel: Aprons, uniforms, blazers, headwear, jackets, neckwear, footwear and more
- Bags: Tote bags, shopping bags, gift bags, drawstring bags, cosmetic bags and more
- Calendars: Wall and wallet calendars, desk diaries, pocket secretaries and more
- Desk/office/business accessories: Cases, pen sets, calculators, paper products and more
- Drinkware: Glass, china, ceramic, crystal, plastic and stainless steel;
- Games/toys: Playing cards, inflatables, kites, balls, puzzles, stuffed animals, and more
- Recognition awards/trophies: Jewelry, clocks, watches, plaques, certificates, and more
- Technology: Flash drives, computer accessories, smartphone items and more
- Textiles: Flags, towels, umbrellas, pennants, throws, blankets, and more
- Writing Instruments: Pens, pencils, markers, highlighters, and more
With the incredible variety of promotional products from which to choose, how do you select the best one for your promotional opportunity? The team at KKP will help guide you, but here are some general guidelines to follow:
- Make it practical: Products that enhance enjoyment or add value to a recipient’s lifestyle will induce them to accept and frequently use your items. Of course, the longer they keep your promotional product, the greater the likelihood they’ll look on you favorably and steer new business your way. Computer accessories (e.g., USB drives) as well as health and safety products (e.g., first-aid kits) are among those items considered most practical by many gift recipients.
- Tie it to your brand: Most marketers use ad specialties to boost brand awareness. At minimum, your choice should be well identified with your company by name, logo and corporate colours. At best, the promo item will tie directly to your offering. An oil change service might distribute an automotive-related premium, for example, while an outdoor retailer could offer a branded tube of sunscreen. If the item you hand out has no relation to your business, you’ll gain goodwill to be sure, but also risk losing any association consumers may have between it and your brand.
- Take note of the season: When you distribute your promo product will determine what you select. Keep the weather in mind, especially with branded clothing. If your target receives a knit hat in July, it’s likely they won’t wear it for months. The promotional value of your gift will be long postponed, or even forgotten if the item is relegated to the bottom of a dresser drawer!
- Get personal: Carefully consider the profession, interests and gender of your target audience when making your selection. Athletic gear for sports enthusiasts, games for young families or office items for professionals are just a few examples of how to cater your promo product strategy to specific customer tastes. One fallback selection? Bags are gift items that are appreciated by one and all!
Branded Business Gifts
Are you looking for a perfect gift to send to your best clients? Or a captivating product to attract prospects? Or how about a thoughtful thank you gift for your employees? If the answer to any of these questions is yes, you’ve come to the right place.
In a world where we are virtually connected more than ever before, businesses and organizations are looking for new ways to connect with their customers, prospects and event attendees. They are relying on their meeting planners, event exhibitors, HR managers and marketers to find new ways to connect with their most important audiences.